Underwriting Manager (Personal Lines Insurance) with minimum 3 years’ relevant management experience required to head up the PL Underwriting Department of this national FSP.
- FAIS Compliant
- 8 years Personal Lines underwriting experience
- 3 years management experience in managing a personal lines underwriting team
- Brokerage experience
- Excellent communication, client service and team management skills
- Ensure that all stakeholder (e.g. clients, AE’s, insurers) communication is accurate, timeous, professional and relevant
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure and contribute to achieving own and company required client satisfaction targets
- Ensure cancellations are minimised
- Ensure retention targets are achieved
- Ensure growth targets are achieved
- Provide expert personal lines advice to internal and external stakeholders
- Act as liaison between client facing and internal servicing teams to channel information, request for documentation etc.
- Deal with service complaints or escalations and ensure that client needs are satisfied
- Ensure that personal lines underwriting practices adhere to compliance and quality requirements
- Conduct regular audits of personal lines underwriting to ensure high standards of quality are maintained
- Compile, and distribute reports in order to ensure clear reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Use monthly reports on the department performance and address discrepancies between expectations and actual performance (new business, clients retained, client cancellation, clients per underwriter etc.)
- Assist with the design of training material and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to company mandates
- Participate and contribute in ad hoc projects
- Ensure continuous process improvement and alignment of processes with organisational goals
- Ensure continuous self-development
- Provide training and share information and knowledge with the team
- Continuous coaching and mentoring of team
- Ensure own and team performance objectives are met
- Contribute towards and ensure continuous improvement in own and team performance
- Conduct formal performance review according to company processes
- Ensure personal development plans are implemented and executed
If you are a South African citizen and your CV meets the above requirements, please respond via email to email@example.com
Recognising that diversity is key to excellence, our client especially encourages members of designated groups to apply.
If you have not heard from us within a two week period, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
By Submitting your personal and employment information and application you hereby confirm:
1. That you have read and understood our POPI Policy.
2. That you have no objection to us retaining your personal information in our database for future matching and will notify us in writing should you wish to remove your personal information from our database.
3. Should suitable opportunities arise we will contact you and request your consent to submit your CV to a specific client for a specific purpose.
4. That the information you have provided to us is true, correct and up to date.