IT Support Engineer with relevant IT qualifications and/or certification and experience in 3rd tier support of users and system platforms, preferably in a datacentre operations environment, required for a mid to senior support role in a corporate environment.
- Relevant IT qualification and/or certifications essential
- Minimum 6 years’ IT Support experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Hyper-V hypervisors required – server backup/replication technologies
- 3 years’ experience with Windows server 2008-2019, Linux, SQL Server 2012-2019 and MS Active Directory Skills required
- 3 years’ Hardware infrastructure experience required – Rack and Blade Servers, Desktops and Networks
- 3 years’ experience in Networking and Enterprise Storage, fibre channel, ethernet/wireless networks, VPN, VLANS required
- VMWare and VOIP experience required
- Previous experience in datacentre operations (Storage Management, Networks, Servers and Hypervisor technologies) essential
- Experience in IT security principles including layer 7 firewalls required
- Installation, configuration, support, maintenance, troubleshooting and monitoring of datacentre environments (hardware and software)
- Tier 3 support to users and system platforms
- Support and configuration of cloud services (AWS, AZURE, Office365, SharePoint)
- Installation, configuration and backup and replication solutions
- Ticket resolutions and IT administration tasks
- Liaising with IT Vendors and 3rd party support
- Standby duties
If you are a South African citizen and your CV meets the above requirements, please respond via email to email@example.com
Recognising that diversity is key to excellence, our client especially encourages members of designated groups to apply.
If you have not heard from us within a two week period, please deem your application as unsuccessful.